Monday, August 13, 2007

Last Trip as a Trio

Christopher, Jada and I took what will probably be our last trip as a threesome this past weekend. We flew up to Ohio to attend my cousin's sealing to her husband and baby girl in the Columbus Ohio Temple (its like our church's wedding ceremony). This trip was significant for many reasons, but for us, it was extraordinarily special because my cousin was sealed in the same room that our family was sealed in almost three years ago. And this trip was probably the last one we will take before this next baby is born and we equal numbers parents to kids in our family! Craziness! Unfortunately, Chris had to rush back to Florida for a conference so Jada and I stayed for the week in Ohio. We did all kinds of fun things! Here are some of the pictures from our trip...
We had fun spending time with almost everyone from my mom's side of the family. Auntie Stephie watched Jada for us while we went to the Temple and I think they had some quality auntie-niece time. Chris and Jada were probably about equally thrilled that we got to stand around outside in the sun in the middle of the day taking family pictures. Can you tell I'm being sarcastic? This is them pretending to love photo sessions (though they both completely despise them, how frustrating! Notice I hardly ever get any photos of Jada looking at the camera, let alone with a smile on her face any more? The stinkers.) Fortunately for these two poor sports we were only in a couple of family photos and (of course) were in the first car to leave. My dad took Chris golfing - lucky! But later that week I got a pre-natal massage! Soooo amazing. Except for some reason I already feel like I need another one...
My cousin Abby was way more adventurous than I have ever been because she put Jada on a regular swing all by herself! I almost sprinted through the dinner party at my parent's house to get to the neighbor's swing set when I saw what was happening because I was sure that Jada was going to fall flat on her face. But I managed to keep my composure and swiftly made my way to the swing set and by then it was too late. Jada was LOVING it! She just kept laughing and swinging and wanting to do it again. Apparently my little baby is growing way to fast for me and I guess I realized that I was being a little too anxious about letting her try simple things - like swings! Wow. One evening my parents, Jada and I all went to the Ohio State Fair. It was so much fun! Jada loved seeing all of the animals and she enjoyed the carnival-like atmosphere with enormous rides and crazy neon lights and games, and there was a rock band performing - which Jada danced to in the middle of the street to the enjoyment of many around us :-) she loves rock music. Funny, I know. I had sweet potato fries for the first time and we all enjoyed some Ohio creamery ice cream. Yum! On our last day in Ohio, Jada and I went to Cosi - a science and discovery museum in Columbus. They had a really fun children's area and Jada loved the 'splash zone'. Except that she couldn't stop drinking the water! Eww! But they did have tons of cool things to play with and I think the whole day got out enough of her desire to run around so that later that evening when we flew home she sat in the seat next to me on the airplane and read books and watched her movies. She was surprisingly cooperative, though she wouldn't fall asleep the stinker. When we were walking through the airport everyone was staring at us - not uncommon as I am as large as a whale and Jada is stinking adorable - so Jada is waving to everyone we walk past and this younger girl says "Hey Babe!" to Jada and without missing a beat she waves back and answers "Hey Babe!" Then she continued down the airport waving at every person calling "Hey Babe!" Hilarious. Chris and I think she is so cool. We are such parental nerds.

We had a wonderful trip and I can't believe that we will be a family of four so soon. Jada has been such a fabulous addition to our twosome - I can't wait for our next daughter to join us! Well, I guess I really CAN wait because I'm not quite ready for her yet so hopefully she won't come too early!


3 comments:

nikki said...

Jada is co cute. You guys are parental nerds, but it's cool to be a parental nerd. I hope Cameron and I are just like you guys :) It was really so fun to see you in Ohio. I hope we can see you again soon!

lisa h. said...

oh, we have to get calder & jada together next time you're in town! she would love a girl to play with! glad you had fun! my mom was here the past 2 weeks and left this morning, so we are going through the granda-withdrawls!

Hatsuho said...

hey I found your blog through facebook- very cute photos! good luck with girl #2 :)