Saturday, July 28, 2007

Final Trimester

Today I enter into my third or final trimester of pregnancy. That means that I only have 3 months until my due date. I am expecting I'll deliver a little earlier than October 27th, because Jada was almost two weeks early, but I don't think there is any reason to rush into it. I am feeling relatively good, aside from the fact that I have a cold which makes this three times that I have gotten sick this pregnancy. With Jada I felt healthier than ever and never was ill. My doctor said that subsequent pregnancies usually are harder on women's bodies than a first pregnancy. Yeah for that. I think its also because I have a toddler to run around after who hardly lets me get any rest!

I finally pulled out my maternity clothes this week. Bummer. But at least you can find quite fashionable maternity clothes these days.

Chris and I haven't decided on a name yet for this girl. We pretty much only agree on like 8 or 10 girl names in general and they were all the same names we talked about a year and a half ago when we were thinking of a name for Jada. So I'm kind of bored with these names. Plus I can't decide if it would be better to take a poll of our final choices, or to keep them all a secret to prevent someone from sharing their disdain for a name I really like.

One thing I can almost predict is that this little girl is going to be active and crazy just like her big sister Jada - because she is a huge kicker in my tummy! I can barely sleep some nights because she is doing karate moves against my rib cage. I almost could sware that there are two babies in there. Heaven help me. I did ask at my ultrasound if there was only one baby for sure because I am terrified of having multiples. We literally could barely handle one baby for the first few months!

Well, I'm excited that Jada will have a playmate and a best friend coming soon. And I'm excited that this baby will have Jada to be entertained by all the time. I just don't feel ready for two kids! Three months is going to fly by. Here's to our final weeks outnumbering our children. Soon we will be even and (dare I say) one day they will outnumber us! Especially if my child-crazy husband has anything to do about it! He wants a whole football team full of kids! Unfortunately for him, I'm not nearly so ambitious. We'll just take it one at a time...

3 comments:

nikki said...

Congratulations for making it this for before pulling out the maternity clothes. Two kids will be a handful at first, but I have every confidence that you will master it quickly. It's going to be so fun having 2 mini Kimmi's running around. Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,

My name is Heather Fink (Kennedy). I went to high school with Chris. A few weeks ago I was at my 10 year reunion and was given some copies of old high school plays and saw Chris and his brother in one of them (I can't remember his brothers name...we just called him little Wernli). I haven't heard anything from him since high school so I typed his name into google and found your site within a few minutes (the internet is an amazing thing). Please tell him I said hello and that he has a beautiful family. Your daughter truly is adorable. If he ever wants to catch up my email address is hfk97@hotmail.com Also, if you ever want some relatively embarassing fotage of Chris from high school let me know and I'll send you a copy of the video (even though it may be a little embarassing for myself as well!)

Heather

lisa h. said...

exciting! i can't believe you're just now wearing maternity clothes - lucky! have fun deciding on a name!